I believe that dividends are a great way to grow your investments. On this page I will start doing a monthly recap of the dividends I receive by month starting in 2018. In late 4th quarter 2018 I started selling covered calls and I will include the monthly net options premiums I receive. Starting in 2019 I will do a more detailed post per month and will link to that here.
What is a dividend?A dividend is a payment from a company to its shareholders, usually as a distribution of profits. Company are not required to pay dividends, but many large companies do. Dividends can be paid at whatever schedule the company’s board of directions determines, but most companies that pay dividends do so on a quarterly basis. I recommend that you automatically reinvest any dividends you receive back in the company that issues them. This is referred to as a “Dividend ReInvestment Program”, usually shorten to “DRIP”
- December 2018 – $1,455.04 in dividends received and $1,177.01 net Options Premiums for a monthly cash flow of $2,621.05.
- November 2018 – $691.14 in dividends received and $1,776.84 in net Options Premiums for a monthly cash flow of $2,467.98.
- October 2018 – $243.12 in dividends received.
- September 2018 – $893.86 in dividends received.
- August and early 2018 – coming soon
This post is not intended to convey legal, accounting, investing, or other professional advice. I’m not selling anything. I am not a registered stock dealer or broker or anything like it. I’m just sharing ideas I have in stock market investments. My ideas are subject to change at anytime. I have not been compensated in anyway for any of Mike’s Stock Picks.